1. It has been almost two weeks since my last post. I have been tired and unmotivated. I’m so tired of living in Maryland and just tired in general. Hopefully I’ll find the energy to get back into the swing of things. I feel guilty not writing, but the guilt isn’t enough to get me going again.
2. Dr. Seuss came out with a new book on July 28, What Pet Should I Get? It’s pretty amazing to see Dr. Seuss’ legacy continue to thrive after his death. His wife found the manuscript of this brand new story while going through their things. This is Dr. Seuss’ first book to be released in 25 years and features the brother and sister from One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish. I can’t wait to read it to Jimmie. I added it to our Amazon wish list.
3. We said goodbye to cable this week. It was my idea. I figured we could save a little money before we moved if we got rid of cable for the rest of our time in Maryland. We already have Netflix and we also just subscribed to Hulu. We are thinking about ordering a box from Amazon for the local channels, as well. In the end, we will probably save about 300 dollars, which isn’t too shabby. Bonus of using Hulu: Korean Dramas with subtitles. I’m kind of embarrassed to admit, but after only two episodes, Winter Sonata has sucked me in. We went to the island where a lot of it was filmed towards the end of our Korean journey.
4. Speaking of saying goodbye, Kaitlyn said goodbye to Nick on the Bachelorette on Monday. I didn’t like either of the two last men standing. And even though Nick was kind of creepy, I really didn’t like Shawn, who is now engaged to Kaityln. They swear they are going to get married, but I won’t believe it until I see it. I hate when the Bachelor or Bachelorette says they knew from the beginning who it was going to “win.” Because if Kaitlyn knew she would choose Shawn, she wouldn’t have slept with Nick in Dublin, just throwing that out there.
5. I went to the Target secret toy sale yesterday and scored some great deals! Jimmie was a champ and was pretty patient throughout the whole two hour ordeal. There was only one person doing markdowns on toys. I basically had to stalk her down the isles as she checked for price changes.