Happy New Year! I wrote 2016 for the first time yesterday, pretty crazy. I’m not going to lie, I wrote 2011 a few months ago….blame it on the mom brain. Where does the time go?
I know I haven’t done a Friday Five in forever but I figured there is no day like today! Maybe I’ll start it again, weekly, maybe not.
- I didn’t make it to midnight for the second year in a row on New Year’s Eve. I was awake, but lying in bed, praying for Jimmie to stop crying before I had to go in there. My prayers were answered and he was able to self sooth. I must admit, he is a a champ at self soothing, most of the time. We had a lovely New Year’s Eve with Jim’s parents. We ate lots of junk, drank a little, and played board games. Not going out is for the win!
- You know what Jimmie is not a champ at? Eating with utensils. He would much rather have me do it. He is fine when it comes to using his fingers, but give him a spoon and the tears begin. If I put food on the fork or spoon, he will SOMETIMES eat it. I’m such a mean mom for teaching him manners. You’ll thank me one day, kid, I promise.
- The Bachelor started this week and I have to admit, I like Ben Higgins even more than Chris Soules. How cute was it that he called his parents on the first night? Unlovable, come on Ben, man up, these girls ADORE you. Some maybe too much (i.e. Lace). Why is Becca is back for another chance at love with Ben? Am I the only one that thinks she is annoying? Am I the only one who still watches this show since they are now on their 20th season? To be fair, I didn’t start watching until 2011.
- Did you know that Sesame Street is moving to HBO? I didn’t. This is what happens when you get rid of cable. I need to keep up with the news. We watch Sesame Street on Netflix and Hulu. Jimmie cracks up when Abby’s Flying Fairy School starts. He also tries to say “Elmo.” The cutest.
- Jimmie has been sick all week, hence the lack of posts. He went to the doctor yesterday and even though his strep test came back negative, they still gave him an antibiotic because he had white spots on his tonsils. If he is anything like me, this will be the first of many treatments for tonsillitis. I had my tonsils out when I was 20. Needless to say, we have been binge watching Sesame Street and Daniel Tiger’s neighborhood.
See what happens when I don’t post a Friday Five for months? Four out of the five facts turn out being about Jimmie. Enjoy your weekend!