- Yesterday I posted a review for the amazing book Goodnight, Ark Laura Sassi. After further investigation, I realized that the author is from New Jersey. How cool is that? I wish I could make it to one of her last book signings in Point Pleasant, but that would be a bit of a hike for me and the little one. If you live in the area, or are looking for a beach road trip, head on over. I haven’t been to Point Pleasant in over 10 years, but it was very pleasant when I went. (See what I did there?)
- Tomorrow is my 29th Birthday. I feel old saying that I am 28, now I’m going to have to remember that I’m 29. You know you’re old when you have to THINK about your age. Remember when you were 15? I’m sure you couldn’t wait to be 16, I sure couldn’t. I don’t mind getting older though, it just seems surreal. It’s weird to look back at people and realize they were my age when I met them and now their kids are grown up, and so on. I’m going to be 45 when Jimmie is 18, that’s not that old either!
- The Pretty Little Liars mid-season finale was great. Seriously. I was blown away by how they pulled it all together and revealed who “A” was. I was shocked, amazed, and also a little bit offended, to say the least. I’m sure having “A” be a transgender wasn’t always the writer’s idea and I feel like they capitalized on the “trending” transgender theme of this year aka Caitlyn Jenner. Not that I mind CeCe Drake aka Charlotte aka Charles being a transgender, I just think it was put out there for ratings. Other than that, I think this episode would have made a perfect SERIES finale. I can’t imagine what Pretty Little Liars can come up with after a five year jump. Are the moms STILL in the basement? Will Toby find out the truth about his mom? I don’t think the jump was necessary. Only time will tell. Time to finish up the book series before January rolls along.
- Jimmie has had a pretty good week this week. He took a few steps towards his daddy on Saturday and then got his first hair cut from his dad on Sunday. Busy boy! Since then, he hasn’t taken too many more steps but he sure is cruising around. He will get to full on walking soon, I know it.
- Summer is just about over and I can smell fall in the mornings. I can’t wait to wear hoodies, at night, and jeans.I tried to break out the jeans last week, but it was still a bit too soon. I’m looking forward to our New England trip, I’m sure it will be jeans and hoodie weather there. I have been trying to get rid of a lot of pre- mom summer clothes. I decided I just can’t pull off animal print anymore. What a sad realization. Okay, now I feel really old.