Jimmie loves beans. I don’t have to trick him to eat them, but I also don’t just want to dump beans in front of him and say, “Here ya go, eat these kid.” This is an awesome recipe I found through Weelicious. We all love them! I have never frozen them, but I have reheated them for lunch the next day.
Bake time: 15-18 minutes
Yields: 17- 20 balls (depending on how big you make them.)
1 15 oz can (drained and washed) black beans
1 cup frozen corn (thawed) *I have used the corn frozen and it still worked, but it is easier thawed
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup FRESH cilantro (chopped!)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray it with cooking spray.
3. Add all ingredients to a food processor and mix until everything is blended completely. (You may have to use a spatula scrap the sides and then remix.)
4. Use a medium cookie scoop and scoop each ball onto the cookie sheet. (They don’t expand too much)
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes. (Balls will be crispy on the outside but soft on the inside.)
Serve with sour cream or guacamole on top.
Original Recipe from Weelicious