1. We have been to two different Chipotles in the past three weeks. Jim and I stopped at Chipotle to eat lunch on two different Saturdays because it was lunch time for Jimmie. Chipotle just happened to be around when the clock hit noon. Jim loves Chipotle. I like it, but I’d rather have Taco Bell. The first one we went to didn’t have a changing table. I was annoyed, but chalked it up to just being a fluke. The second one we went to, this past weekend, also didn’t have a changing table. I was shocked to find two different locations not having changing tables in the bathroom. I emailed the company to voice my displeasure and they said, “Over the next few years we plan to make renovations to our restaurants to better accommodate customers that visit each location, based on who is walking in the doors of each specific restaurant.” Why wouldn’t all locations have changing tables? They have high chairs, and a kids menu, so why should I have to go outside and change my child in the car? I kind of think it’s ridiculous. Needless to say, for my inconvenience, they gave me one free meal. Whoop-de-doo. Still doesn’t solve the problem.
2. I finished Saint Anything, by Sarah Dessen, this week. My review will be up soon. Just to warn you, I LOVED it. It was so much better than her last book (which I hated) and it was a lot different than all of her other books. The themes in the book are more mature, but still include her normal themes of friendship, love, and family. According to this article, from Entertainment Weekly, this may be her last book for a while. Needless to say, I’m bummed.
3. Jimmie stood on his own this week. He was so surprised that he started to cry. He really hasn’t done it since, but now we know he can do it. He would rather a) hold onto something while he is standing or b)jump while I am trying to get him to stand without holding my hands.
4. We went to the National Zoo on Sunday. Jimmie was a grump the whole time due to teething and constipation and, of course, the heat. He did enjoy seeing the pandas and elephants, but we had to cut our trip short, which was sad. He later pooped in the tub, oh the joys of parenthood. Since the zoo is free, I’m sure we will go back a few more times before we leave Maryland. Which will be this time next year.
5. This weekend will be another busy one for us. I can’t believe it will be “officially” summer on Sunday. Which means we are going to start losing daylight. It is bittersweet. Sunday is also Father’s Day. I am making beer battered fish, a meal we haven’t had since we lived in Korea, one of Jim’s favorites. Maybe it won’t be too hot and we can do for a walk in a new park, as well.
Happy Father’s Day to all the great dads out there! Enjoy your weekend, you deserve it!