1. I’m not sure if it’s normal to be as obsessed with what you feed your kid as I am, but I think I may be overly obsessed. I’m kind of thinking about making Jimmie weekly menus, just so I don’t have to think about it all day, every day. I’m pretty much in love with this blog Yummy Toddler Food. The blogger, Amy, is my new favorite person. (I don’t actually KNOW her, but I love her because she blogs about healthy store-bought snack ideas and quick dinners for your kids. She’s kind of the coolest.)
2. Speaking of cool gals, I’m starting to like Kaitlyn, the new Bachelorette. The dates she went on this past Monday were awesome: boxing, comedy show, and underwater photo shoot. The underwater photo shoot was beyond fun and seriously romantic. And I guess I’m glad Britt found love too, even though her new boyfriend is kind of awkward/creepy.
3. Jimmie got his one-year-old shots yesterday. Saddest day EVER. He had to get five different pokes PLUS his blood drawn. The first time they poked him for the blood they couldn’t get the vein to cooperate, therefore, they had to poke him in the other arm. It was pretty traumatizing for both of us. I expect a cranky baby today. (Plus he is getting his other bottom molar.)
4. I bought a SIGNED copy of Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen from Target this week. I wasn’t in a rush to buy her newest book since I hated her last book, The Moon and More, but I just couldn’t turn down a signed copy, even if it was slightly more expensive than buying it off of Amazon.
5. On the way home from my amazing Target trip, I was attacked by either a grasshopper or a wasp, while driving….with the baby in the car. I was informed by both my brother and my husband that wasps and grasshoppers are completely different bugs, I beg to differ. Long story short, I had to pull over in a parking lot, jump out of the car, and shake my sillies out until said bug landed on the asphalt. I then proceeded to stomp on it to kill it. So long dear grasshopper/wasp.