1. We’re at the beach this weekend in Delaware! I’m so excited to relax with friends for the next four days. Jimmie even has a little 8 month old playmate to spend time with, which is pretty much the cutest thing ever. Now if only he would go down for his nap, that would be even cuter.
2. I know I haven’t been keeping up with my Friday Fives as much. Having a mobile child is keeping me from doing as much blogging as I would like to. Jimmie now tries to pull up on EVERYTHING. Turning my back for one moment could lead to a disaster. He is also starting to crawl like a “normal” baby which is fun. Before it was just Army crawling all day long.
3. Not much going on in the home front. Toby is vacationing at my parent’s house this week, which he loves. One year from now we hope to have a great back yard for him to run around in and chase squirrels. The countdown on.
4. I have been making a lot of baby finger foods for Jimmie that I can freeze and take out when he can’t eat something we are eating. I made bean and rice (I added spinach) and cheese and egg mini muffins last week and Jimmie loves them. These muffins work well for traveling too.
5. I’m so glad Rumor and Val won Dancing with the Stars! They deserved it. Now that DWTS is over, I am focused on The Bachelorette again. I’m glad Kaitlyn won over Brittany. I really don’t like either of them, but I REALLY REALLY don’t like Brittany. Should be any interesting season, as always.
Enjoy your long weekend, but don’t forget to think about why we have the freedom to relax, when those who gave the ultimate sacrifice, and fought for our freedom, do not.