1. Tim Tebow is a Philadelphia Eagle and I am not happy about it. I was one of those people who jumped on the Tebow train when he was on the Broncos; Jim even bought me his jersey. And don’t get me wrong, I am so happy that he has a job playing football again. I’m glad he will be doing more than just guest hosting on GMA next year (I kept wondering what that was all about), but I hateeee the Eagles. I feel like they’re going to ruin the good, innocent guy that he is. I could be wrong and maybe he will spruce the Eagles up a bit, but you won’t see me rockin’ an Eagles Tebow jersey, ever.
2. It’s official, Full House is coming back as Fuller House on Netflix in 2016. (I don’t know how I am going to wait that long!) Of course my inner child is jumping for joy. I wonder if the Olsen Twins really will be in it. It’s not like they can play the same person because that ship has sailed. The Olsen Twins are NOT identical, even though they both played Michelle on Full House. Do you think Fuller House can make it to 192 episodes just like Full House did? I sure hope so. I also hope that everyone comes back for at least one episode. And honestly, what is Full House without Michelle? We all know she was/is the star.
3. Did you see Grey’s Anatomy last night? If you didn’t SPOILER ALERT: I can’t believe Derick is dead. Who is Meredith without Derick and vice versa? Will she find a new love interest? Next week is going to be tough. I told myself I wouldn’t cry when I was watching, but then I did…twice. I have been faithfully watching Grey’s since it started 11 years ago; It will never be the same.
4. Jimmie is finally starting to realize that he can move is feet forward. He will sporadically take a few steps with his push walker if I am holding onto him. It’s progress but I’m still predicting that he won’t be walking by his first Birthday, which is only two weeks away. (SECRETLY FREAKING OUT THAT MY BABY IS ALMOST ONE!)
5. Starbucks is kicking butt in the stock market. I miss working at Starbucks. It’s an amazing company and a product that I still support. I just heard about the new mobile ordering. I wonder what that is all about. Since we don’t have smart phones, I won’t be using it, but I am interested in finding out what it is all about.
Blog posts I’m loving this week:
Mothering is Hard: Here’s Why I Think It’s Vital That We Keep Saying It. Seriously though, it’s not all fun and games. No one has the perfect child, no one is happy all of the time. Why do people pretend to be? I love being a mom but sometimes it’s hard and sometimes you just have to be honest and admit that it’s hard.
30+ (Busy) 1 Year Old Activites: This is an amazing list of really fun activities for 1 year olds. I already got a jump start on the list and did the muffin pan brain building game. (See photo below. Jimmie had fun!)
When You Struggle to Breastfeed: I’m not happy that other women have breastfeeding issues, but I am glad that I’m not the only one and that there are other women willing to talk about it. It wasn’t any easy choice to stop and I still feel bad that I couldn’t do it longer, but I don’t regret it. Formula is a blessing, as Sara states, because some women don’t have that option.
Parents Reveal What They Wish They’d Known Before Having a Baby in In Tear-jerking Video: I kid you not, Jimmie started to laugh at #8. He’s like, “Yep, I may be an easy baby but that doesn’t mean it’s not hard!”