1. Jimmie’s fight with teething continues. Tooth number four made its appearance on Wednesday but is slowly pushing through his gums. Poor little guy has been up two nights so far. He looks at me with his big blue eyes and it melts my heart. I’m also very tired though. Hopefully a good night’s sleep is in our near future.
2. I want to see Whiplash. It has been nominated for an Academy Award for movie of the year. I had never even heard of it until yesterday when the nominees were announced on GMA. I will add it to my list of movies to see when they come out on DVD. Gone Girl came out this week on DVD, which is also on my list. Divergent is on my DVR, which has been on my list for a long time, as well. See the trend? When do I have time to watch an entire movie in one sitting? Also, this “list” is a metaphorical list because I never remember to start an actual list.
3. I made one of the worst crockpot meals last night, chicken and dumplings. It was easy, smelled good, and looked good, but tasted terrible. I have been craving Cracker Barrel’s chicken and dumplings for a while now (or anything from there!!) but we do not have one near us. What a disappointing meal.
4. Winter is really starting to bum me out. I really need to get out in the sun more and soak up the vitamin D. Snow stinks, the cold stinks, and the way Maryland acts when it snows is out of control. The library had a delayed opening the other day because there was a dusting. I can’t even call it a dusting because when I looked out the window at 8 AM, only the tops of the cars had snow on them.
5. Gas is below two dollars in Maryland. I honestly never thought I would see the day when gas would be this cheap again. It hasn’t been this low since Jim and I started dating six years ago! I wonder how long it will last and how low it will go. We have been taking advantage of the cheap gas and taking spontaneous road trips. Last weekend we paid a visit to West Virginia. Little Jimmie has been to 9 states, so far, in his mere 8 months of life. He’s my little explorer.