It’s finally fall and that means I can make even more pumpkin treats! I love that I can bake something new, eat a few, and then send them off to work with Jim. Out of site, out of mind. I have to admit, pumpkin season is hindering my weight loss goals.
2 cups flour
1 TBSP cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
16 TBSP butter (room temp.)
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray 9 X 13 pan with baking spray.
3. In a medium bowl combine: flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Mix and set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, blend butter, sugar, and brown sugar with mixer until fluffy. (Medium speed for about 2 minutes.)
5. Add egg and vanilla, blend well.
6. Add pumpkin, mix again.
7. Add dry ingredients from the other bowl and blend until mixed evenly.
8. Turn off mixer and add white chocolate chips and mix with a spatula.
9. Pour batter into pan and spread evenly.
10. Bake for 30 minutes or until edges pull away from pan and a toothpick comes out clean.
11.Let cool completely before cutting.
Original recipe was meant to make pumpkin bars, but these came out too cakey to be considered a bar.