1. Jimmie sat on his own for the first time yesterday; it was pretty exciting. He didn’t do it for too long, but I definitely consider it the first day he sat on his own; it’s going on his baby calendar! He probably won’t be doing much sitting today because he is getting his four month shots. He did so well last time, so I am a lot less nervous this time (I will still probably cry.)
2. I just realized yesterday that fall OFFICIALLY begins on Monday. What? I know I have been talking about it, but I didn’t actually think it was going to happen. Lucky us, (not so lucky) we are going to have a little Indian summer this weekend.
3. I have a confession. I am obsessed with baby socks (okay, and adult socks too.) I found these (on sale!) at Old Navy and had to buy them for Little Jimmie. He needed new socks (and he obviously needed Halloween socks) because along with the rest of this boy, his feet keep growing. Plus, his socks seem to go missing more than any of our socks. I also bought this Halloween onsie. I held back and didn’t buy this one, but I am still thinking about it!
4. We rented a house for our Arizona trip in November. I figured, if this is going to be a vacation, I really don’t want to stare at Little Jimmie in a hotel room while he sleeps and have to tiptoe around ( I DO love looking at him while he sleeps, but that is not the point…) Our house has three bedrooms and is in the mountains. I may actually be able to relax while we are there. (After we fly with an almost 6 month old…)
5. Another new obsession of mine is going to consignment sales for baby clothes. Last weekend, we went to one and bought a ton of stuff for $5o. Our haul included: two winter coats, a Halloween PJ outfit, a few sweaters, some pants, random onsies/shirts, a Christmas fleece winter one piece, an Oshkosh one piece, snow hats/mittens, a Skip Hop toy, and a Nike track suit. I am pretty much going to go to every consignment sale I can from here on out, they’re so worth it!
Enjoy your last weekend of summer! (I can’t believe Jimmie’s first summer is coming to an end…)
We watch the season pull up its own stakes
And catch the last weekend of the last week
Before the gold and the glimmer have been replaced,
Another sun soaked season fades away – Dashboard Confessional “Stolen”