1. Last Friday was my Birthday and I turned 28. I honestly think I have been telling people I was 28 for at least a month now, because I forgot I was still 27, so it wasn’t too big of a deal. That was, of course, until Jim told me I was going to be 30 in 2 years. Hell to the no…not happening. 29 will be on repeat for a while…
2. Jimmie went to his first baseball game last night. We decided to try a minor league game out first to see how reacted. We have a stadium about 30 minutes away where the Bowie Baysox play and just our luck, they were playing the Reading Phillies! I am happy to announce that Jimmie is in love with baseball already. He did pretty well until the 5th inning, when he decided to take his pre-bedtime nap, then he decided he was done around the 7th inning. Which was fine, because it was 8:30 and I did not want to get him to bed too late. We made it home (with him only crying 1/3 of the way) and he was asleep by 10. He was even given his first baseball. How cool is that? We are going to get a baseball box for it.
3. Pumpkin Spice Latte is coming to a Starbucks near you on Monday, August 25. I can not wait to drink a million of them. Last year I was pregnant, so I had one or two, and then the year prior we were in Korea, where they are not as excited for pumpkin season as we are, thus no PSL at their Starbucks. I am so excited to get it iced until fall.
4. I just bought new sheets for our bed, 400 thread count Egyptian cotton from Target, and I must say, they’re awesome. We (more like me) were having a lot of issues with out sheets since we got a memory foam bed. Almost every night, the sheet would come off the edge, on my side, and I was constantly getting up to fix it. That, along with my overactive bladder, left me with little sleep (especially when I was pregnant.) These sheets from Target are awesome! They fit deeper beds and have special elastic corners. I need more!
5. This weekend is going to be all about relaxing (with an infant…?) and cleaning the house. I also want to try to squeeze a trip into the Korean market for a Korean lunch. Monday I am getting my first pedi since Jimmie was born and getting my eyesbrows waxed (they’re hideous!) I’m pretty excited. Now if only my hair would stop falling out, life would be perfect!