I’m happy to say that month number two with Little Jimmie went way smoother than month number one. Here are a few things that helped us get through it successfully.
1. Born Free bottles: These glass bottles are really easy to clean and are BPA free. The active flow venting system helps prevent air pockets.
2. Tommee Tippee Bibs: These are great because they get close to the baby’s neck preventing milk to flow into their little neck cracks.
3. Boon Lawn Drying Rack: Jim thought I was nuts for buying this, but it’s one of the best things I bought since Jimmie was born. All my bottles and bottle pieces dry in one area, do not get lost among other washed items, and do not get knocked over. I love it!
4. Munchkin Powdered Formula Dispenser: Whoever invented this is a genius! You can proportion out formula and then pour it into the bottle when you’re ready to make one. This is especially great for nighttime feedings (when you’re half asleep) and on the go.
5. Skip Hop Hug and Hide Activity Gym: I seriously want every activity gym ever made; Jimmie loves this one so much. I’m waiting for him to just fall asleep on it one day because he is kicking his arms and legs so hard. I especially love the hanging animals and the pillow for tummy time.
6. Ingenuity Cozy Coo Sway Seat: This swing is a gift from God. I leave it in our room and put Jimmie in it when I shower. I never have an issue with him fussing while he is in it and he is always happy when I’m done my shower. It swings from side to side, vibrates, and either plays nature sounds or music. One time he fell asleep in it and it was the sweetest thing ever. (Bonus: this swing plugs in, therefore, no batteries required!)
7. Nuk Pacifiers: I swore I wouldn’t be one of those pacifier mom,”Here take it and stop crying!” But when Jimmie was crying, and the pacifier was the only thing that soothed him, I was given no other choice. Sadly, he doesn’t even like them at night or during naps, which is when I wanted to exclusively give him one. They do help in the car though, or when he is overtired and wants to fall asleep in my arms. He honestly usually just spits it out after a few minutes anyway, so I’m sure there won’t be any issues taking it away, which is why I didn’t want to use one when he wasn’t sleeping, originally. I also get a lot of use out of this Skip Hop pacifier pocket, haven’t lost a pacifier yet!
8. Ergo and Ergo Newborn Insert: I am in love with my Ergo, and so is Jimmie. I use it to take Toby for walks and to walk around the house while I’m cleaning up. Jimmie usually falls asleep in it, which is an added bonus, but he loves to just look around or stare at me. He is almost too big for the insert, but we did get a lot of use out of it and it was well worth it.
If you haven’t already, check out my list of items we couldn’t live without during Jimmie’s first month of life; we are still using most of them all the time!