Thanks to Sarah Dessen for my Friday inspiration “Friday Five” post!
1. Target is having an awesome sale this week. We picked up this great table (teal) for 30% off! We are using it as a bar, and I LOVE it. We have our wine/whiskey on top, with glasses and cookbooks in the cabinets. Now all we need to do is fill up the wine rack! Target is also having a huge baby sale, no you can’t buy babies, but you can buy some great stuff for cheap! Be prepared to leave with an empty wallet. I was good though and only bought a bottle cleaner (it’s awesome!) and a Skip Hop bib (was 50% off at our Target) that I have been eying up.
2. We ditched a TV show this week. Under the Dome just isn’t worth our precious TV time. Now that we have a baby, we really have to think about what’s worth watching and what isn’t, when Jimmie doesn’t need our undivided attention (which is most of the time, of course.) It’s a shame because we have been looking forward to it coming back and we were just beyond disappointed. I guess nothing compares to Orange is the New Black (which, by the way, I just started reading the book yesterday)
3. Jim and I are now into our hardcore diets and it sucks. Every food looks good when you’re on a diet, even foods you hate. I am happy to reveal that I am back to my pre pre-pregnancy weight (which is what I weighed after coming back from the USA in September 2012, 136 pounds.) I only have 8 more pounds to go to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I am relieved that I now fit into most of my clothes again, except the stuff I bought at the beginning of last summer when I was super skinny.
4. Speaking of diets, I really want the bacon cheeseburger from Wendy’s that comes on a pretzel bun…and just pretzels in general. Philly Pretzel Factory, I’ll see you soon.
5. We went to Annapolis last weekend and it was like entering another land. We live in a very congested area in Maryland and the traffic is horrendous. Annapolis was a sight for sore eyes. Next time I am sticking Jimmie in the Ergo, though, because it’s not a very stroller friendly place. Jim really wants a big boat, me not so much. But I wouldn’t mind having a friend with a big boat.
Enjoy your weekend!