One of my favorite authors, Sarah Dessen, used to do a “Friday Five” post over at her blog. She stopped a little while ago, and I was pretty disappointed; I enjoyed reading about her week. This week I decided that maybe I could start my own “Friday Five.” Here is my inaugural Friday Five!
1. I started working out again this week. Jillian Michaels is my BFF once again. I am doing 30 Day Shred, for the second time (first time was last February), and then I will move onto T25 with Shaun T. I want to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight by October. I have 11 pounds to go!
2. Jimmie is 6 weeks already! We think he had his first smile yesterday, at least it was the first one we both saw. He also started sleeping in his room this week. He is still in the Fisher-price Newborn Rock N’ Play, but it’s a step in the right direction. He almost slept 8 hours in a row, one night!
3. June 23rd will be the official 10 year anniversary of my graduation from high school. I remember thinking that high school would NEVER end. And then it did. Now, it’s ten years later, and I think, why did I rush it? I miss those days. I never thought I would say that.
4. Today was the first day that I straightened my hair since Jimmie was born. We are finally getting into a routine, I’m starting to clean everything again, and I’m starting to not worry so much. Life is good! (Great, even)
5. Summer officially starts tomorrow! I can’t wait to grill hotdogs, on the longest day of the year, and drink a yummy summer beer. The weather is supposed to be perfect, and sitting on the deck will be a must. Maybe I can start working on my tan while Jimmie naps? Better late than never!
It doesn’t happen all at once. You become. It takes a long time. – Margery Williams