Taco pie is my go-to dish. If I need to cook something quick, I make taco pie. If I need to bring a side dish to a get-together, I bring taco pie. It’s so easy to make and tastes like it took all day to prepare.
Prep time: less than 30 minutes
Cooking time: less than 30 minutes
Taco Pie Recipe
1 pound of ground beef (turkey works well too)
1 8 oz package of crescent rolls
1 (1 ounce) taco seasoning packet
8 oz of sour cream (I use low-fat)
8 oz of cheddar cheese (I always buy blocks of cheese and shred them because Rachael Ray said that it’s more cost efficient to do it that way, rather than buy it all ready shredded.)
1/2 bag of crushed tortilla chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with baking spray and unroll crescent rolls flat in a rectangular shape on bottom of the dish.
3. Bake for 10-11 minutes.
4. While the crust is baking, cook beef on stove until brown.
5. Drain fat and add taco mix and water. Continue to stir until mixed.
6. Remove crust from oven.
7. Top with meat. (Leave a small space around the edges like a pizza crust.)
8. Spread sour cream over meat with a spatula. (it will end up mixing with meat)
9. Sprinkle cheese on top of sour cream.
10. Finish off with crushed taco chips. (I put mine in a plastic zip lock bag to crush so I don’t have to waste a whole bag of chips.)
11. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes (or until cheese has melted.)
Serves 4-6 people